Thursday, October 1, 2009

More

Of course. Me, Gucci and Bobby V just did a record and we are about to work on something tonight. Gucci is my baby and anybody who questions that is a hater and needs to sit down. Gucci will always be my baby. He’s like my big brother. Me and Gucci have a relationship that is behind this fake sh*t. Most people do not know that when I first came to Atlanta, Gucci embraced me and we did song after song, after song. At that time, my buzz was no where near where it is now and he just rode it out with me. I’m very grateful to Gucci. Me signing with Young Money did nothing to change my relationship with Gucci. We still have the same manager so we will always have a special tie to one another, no matter what.

As a female in the industry, do you think there is a false perception that you have to sleep your way to the top?

I think you can tell who is a smart person and who would sleep with someone to get to the top. I think if you have talent, you do not have to sleep with anybody. I never slept with anybody in the business and I do not plan to. I think people mistake sexual power with something nasty and sleazy. I do what the boys do. The boys take their shirts off , they work out, they feel on their crotch. Why don’t people talk about that? Did they sleep their way to the top? There are tons of gay executives in hip-hop, people aren’t talking about the fact that these dudes may be sleeping their way to the top, because I know a couple.

If you could pick one record that could be your introduction to Nicki Minaj to a new audience, what song would it be?

The song, “Can Anybody Hear Me” is a song that I show my vulnerable side and I explain my low point. Only if you are a real Nicki Minaj fan you will know of it. All the other songs get so watered down and everyone knows it. Itty Bitty Piggy is like the biggest thing I ever done. When I do that song at my shows its like Elvis is back home. Those two songs are a good contrast of my personality because I’m playful on one and serious on the other.

If you weren’t rapping what do you think you’d be doing?
I went to school for acting so I probably be acting. I also love law and i watch forensic files all the time and I’m interested in how people solve crimes. I would probably be a criminal defense lawyer or something crazy.

Nicki Minaj - Can Anybody Hear Me

Nicki Minaj ft Lil Wayne - Go Hard

Nicki Minaj - Itty Bitty Piggy

Nicki Minaj on twitter
Download Beam Me Up Scotty Mixtape

No comments:

Post a Comment