Thursday, October 1, 2009

More

I believe that rap is art. Its like people want art and life to coincide. Sometimes it doesn’t and some times you do not want it to. Sometimes you want to have an interview and not discuss anything about sex. That’s how i feel sometimes. I do put the block up because I feel like all people want to talk about is sex. I give you enough in my record. You know who I am and you can hear what I’m saying. It’s just too much.

I saw a video of Maino trying to get at you, why wouldn’t you give him a chance?
Maino is crazy. If you are from New York you would understand. I love Maino but we were just having fun that day. Maino is very aggressive and he did a lot of time in jail. if you deal with a dude who did a lot of time in jail there is a certain aggression that they have. Its kind of sexy and scary at the same time….

Is it hard for you as Nick Minaj to date? Do you find it harder as you grow as an artist?

I can not date. I do not date anybody. I’m too busy and so focused on getting the prize. I go weeks without speaking to my best friends and it hurts me. But, I know that in a couple of years when I’m buying them houses and cars they will understand. Right now its not about me dating. I sign boobs at my shows and I kiss the girls and all . That is the closest I get to dating.

On day I was on twitter and a DJ stated “It’s cool that young minority females look up to Nicki Minaj but I wish they would look up to someone else like Michelle Obama. How do you feel about that statement?
I don’t take any disrespect for that comment. I would love my girls to look up to the first lady, she is a black powerful woman. I’m glad Obama is in office its monumental and good for black people. The point is when you discipline or teach children you have to do it in a way that is realistic or you are just wasting your time. To tell a 13 year old girl to go and listen to every one of Michelle Obama speeches, you are being illogical. No, 13 year is going to do that. She might love Michelle Obama, as we all do but she is also going to want to listen to some female rappers and some singers. She is going to do what all 13 year old girls do. My job is to balance reality with advice. And, I think I do a great job with that. When ever I do my my shows I might do the freakiest song and stop it and let them know, “yeah this is all in fun, go to school, get your own money, pay your own bills and be a boss.” I always do that and I always promote keep your cookies exclusive. I never been loose in my life. The last thing I want a little girl to take away from my record is to be loose with a thousand dudes. I never been like that. So I always say that. Again, a lot of people do not come to my shows and do not witness these things. But, the girls that know Nicki Minaj and follow me know that. So I do not feel guilty because I know I’m balancing it with positive stuff. I have tons of positive records that no one talks about.

What does it takes to be a Barbie?, You call most of your girls Barbies.
Its like a term of endearment for me. I use to call people “sweetie” and honey now I say Barbies. A lot of girls call themselves Barbies. Nicki Minaj did not invent that. People always add something to their Barbie name and because I love the Harajuku culture I made my Barbie the Harajuku Barbie, I thought it was unique and no one has ever said that kind of Barbie before. The girls ran with it, they gave it a life of its own. I never set out to be on no Barbie Movement. My Barbies made the barbie movement.

How do you feel about Amber Rose and seeing her “come up” when 6 months ago no one knew who she was? Now, she’s beginning to develop herself as a recognizable brand…

Stuff like that excites me because it goes to show some people lose hope in life.

Amber will be the first one to tell you that she was a stripper for years. I meet so many girls that has giving up hope and it goes to show you never know what God has in store for you or when its your time to shine. The only thing you can do is grind it out and believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Amber is dope, sexy and fashionable. She is also a humble person.

There were rumors that you had to dissociate yourself with Gucci Mane when you signed with Young Money. Are you still on good terms …


More: http://nickiminajworldcont.blogspot.com/2009/10/more_6914.html

No comments:

Post a Comment